DURATION: 1200 To 4800 min
NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS: 5 To 15
AGE: 14 To 29 years old
LEVEL OF TRUST: Low
LEVEL OF PARTICIPATION: High
LEVEL OF LEVEL_OF_PREPARATION: Yes
TOPIC: personal development
1. Participants must prepare and send a CV and motivational letter to a street worker according to a job offer (that can be real, for example a job for city district, or made up by street worker).
2. The street worker, roleplaying as a hiring agent, invites the participants for a job interview. Afterwards, they receive feedback on their presentation.
3. Throughout the process, they learn about labor law, working habits, rules, teamwork, and the financial aspect of job-seeking (pre-prepared info materials and collection of relevant online sources are recommended).
4. Each participant is then hired for a job. Together with the street worker, they each agree on a job description (when to show up, what to do, what you shouldn't do, safety measures, etc.) and responsibilities which they have to fulfill over the course of one week.
5. By working on their individual tasks, the participants earn credits.
6. After one week, they choose what they want to buy with their earned credit (clothes, phone, guitar… no alcohol, tobacco, etc.)
7. At the end of the activity, the youth worker takes the participants to the shop to buy their chosen item(s) with the money they earned.
1. Office for the selection procedure
2. Tools and materials for the job (for example: plastic bags, gloves, etc.)
3. Paper and pens
4. Money for buying the chosen items (in our case it was about 4 EUR per hour of work)
COMMENTS, TIPS & TRICKS:
In a group of 10 participants, one worker can talk with youngsters one-on-one (which is can be better for information and developing relationships) while the second one works with the others.